The goal is to train a doctor to become a competent teacher/facilitator of teaching-learning processes, and should be able to counsel patients and relatives in dermatological conditions, infectious diseases like HIV/AIDS, STDs, cutaneous tuberculosis, leprosy.
- Student should have knowledge of basic sciences (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology and Pharmacology) as applied to dermatology. The student should acquire in-depth knowledge of his subject including recent advances. The student should be fully conversant with the bedside procedures (diagnostic and therapeutic) and having knowledge of latest diagnostics and therapeutics available. Teaching and training: The student should be able to effectively teach undergraduate students in medicine and allied health science courses so they become competent health care professionals and able to contribute to training of postgraduate post graduate students.
- Student should have acquired practical and procedural skills related to the subject.
- Critically evaluate, initiate investigation and clinically manage cases in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy with the help of relevant investigations.
- Should plan and advise measures for the prevention and rehabilitation of patients with various dermatological conditions.
- Able to ensure the implementation of National Health Programmes, particularly in sexually transmitted diseases (STD) and leprosy.
- Acquire training skills in research methodology, professionalism, attitude and communication skills, as below:
- Student must know basic concepts of research methodology, plan a research project, consult library and online resources, has basic knowledge of statistics and can evaluate published studies.
- Should be able to practice the specialty of dermatology ethically.
- Recognize the health needs of patients and carry out professional obligations in keeping with principles of National Health Policy and professional ethics.
- Teaching skills in the subject – student should learn the basic methodology of teaching and develop competence in teaching medical/paramedical students.
- Should have acquired Problem Solving skills.