The three-year course in Radiodiagnosis is aimed at imparting training in both conventional radiology and modern imaging techniques so that the candidate is fully competent to practice, teach and do research in the broad discipline of radiology including ultrasound, Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Candidate should be well versed with medical ethics and consumer protection act and the Prenatal Diagnostic Technique (PNDT) Act.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge for competent, safe, compassionate & ethical multidisciplinary practice of oncology and should contribute to the future developments in oncology.
- The epidemiology, aetiology, pathology & natural history of human neoplastic diseases.
- Knowledge, experience & skill in the clinical diagnosis of human neoplastic diseases.
- Attain knowledge and a high level of technical expertise in all forms of radiation as a therapeutic tool used in radiotherapy.
- Knowledge of the adverse effects of radiation including radiation related accompaniments.
- Knowledge and comprehension regarding the use of cytotoxic drugs and biological response modifiers etc, in all clinical and research settings with detailed knowledge of adverse effects of these drugs
- Knowledge and comprehension with the role of surgery in the management of neoplastic diseases.
- Knowledge and ability to judiciously combine various modalities in comprehensive, multi-disciplinary management of cancer patients; coordinate with other specialty experts in the team and plan for use of radiation and cytotoxic drugs integrated into the overall treatment plan.
- A sound knowledge and capability to manage cancer patients as a whole, including a) Management of oncological emergencies, b) complications associated with malignant diseases and its management, c) psychosocial problems, d) prevention, rehabilitation and palliative care.
- Knowledge and capacity to interpret current advances in cancer management and research (basic, clinical and applied aspects of research including radiobiology & molecular oncology).
- Knowledge and capability to plan and coordinate community-based screening, early detection, and awareness programmes including community-based research projects.
- Basic knowledge of the different statistical methods used in collection, analysis and interpretation of data related to cancer (with special emphasis on planning & interpretation of clinical trials).
- Knowledge and capability to set up the specialty department and facilities for Oncology in different parts of India.
- Able to interact with the Government and other agencies as a nodal person for planning development of specialty of radiation oncology.
- A broad knowledge of different types of investigations in the management of patients with cancer.