M.S. Obstetrics and Gynecology
The goal in Obstetrics and Gynecology is to produce a competent Obstetrician and Gynecologist, who:
- Recognizes the health needs of adolescents, females in reproductive age group & post menopausal females & course out professional delegations in keeping
with principles of National Health Policy and professional ethics.
- Is competent to manage the pathological states related to reproductive system with knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology & Pathophysiology.
- Is aware of contemporary advances & developments in the field of maternal health & other related issues.
- Is oriented to principles of research methodology.
- Has acquired skills in educating medical and paramedical professionals.
- The goal of the MS course in Obstetrics and Gynecology is to produce a competent Obstetrician and Gynecologist who can: a. Provide quality care to the community in the diagnosis and management of Antenatal, Intra-natal and post-natal period of normal and abnormal pregnancy and labor.
- provide effective and adequate care to a pregnant woman with complicated pregnancy.
- provide effective and adequate care to a normal and high-risk neonate.
- perform obstetrical ultrasound in normal and abnormal pregnancy including Doppler.
- manage effectively all obstetrical and gynecological emergencies and if necessary, make appropriate referrals.
- provide quality care to the community in the diagnosis and management of gynecological problems including screening, and management of all gynecological cancers including during pregnancy.
- conduct a comprehensive evaluation of infertile couple and have a broad-based knowledge of assisted reproductive techniques including – ovulation induction, in vitro fertilization and intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection, gamete donation, surrogacy and the legal and ethical implications of these procedures.
- provide counselling and delivery of fertility regulation methods including reversible and irreversible contraception, emergency contraception etc.
- provide quality care to women having spontaneous abortion or requesting Medical Termination of Pregnancy (MTP) and manage their related complications.