The goal of MS course in Orthopedics is to produce a competent orthopedic surgeon who is:
- Aware of the current concepts in quality care in Orthopedics and musculoskeletal trauma and also of diagnosis, therapeutic, medical and surgical management of orthopedic problems.
- Able to offer initial primary management of acute orthopedic and trauma emergencies.
- Aware of the limitations and refer readily to major centers for more qualified care of cases which warrant such referral.
- Aware of research methodology and be able to conduct research and publish the work done.
- Able to effectively communicate with patients, their family members, people and professional colleagues.
- Able to exercise empathy and a caring attitude and maintain high ethical standards.
- Able to continue taking keen interest in continuing education irrespective of whether he / she is in teaching institution or in clinical practice.
- Dynamic, available at all times and proactive in the management of trauma victims and orthopedic emergencies
- Is aware of contemporary advances & developments in medical sciences as related to Orthopedics and Trauma.
- Has acquired the competencies pertaining to the subject that are required to be practiced in the community and at all levels of health system.
- Recognizes the health needs of the patient and family and carries out professional obligations in keeping with principles of the National Health Policy and professional ethics.
- Is oriented to principles of research methodology.
- Has acquired skills in educating medical and paramedical professionals.
- Has acquired skills in effectively communicating with the person, family and the community.